Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Huge Oopsy.......Caramel Chicken

Just the other day I was asked if I post any recipes I don't like...this would be the first if I did choose to post it (which I am not.) There are just too many discrepancies in the recipe to post...SO, I will give you a picture of the result and some details and if your interested I will email it to you and allow you to fool with it...but for me it was a "No Go."

This is a Vietnamese dish with a large amount of ginger and hot chili flakes.  Against my own judgment, I followed the recipe when it asked for a full teaspoon of hot chili pepper flakes.  HOLY HOTNESS is all I can say to start...Even J whom will inhale Blazin' wings at BW3's without a thought said it was really hot.  Then there was the ginger, it called for 3 Tablespoons of ginger...Now those of you whom cook with ginger know, that is A LOT...I cut it down to 2 Tablespoons and it was still intense.  I will admit though, I have a love-hate relationship with ginger.  One more problem, "Has anyone smelled fish sauce when heated quickly at a high temperature?"  PeeeUuuuuWww Magooo...So, try if you would like.  If you are a fan of Vietnamese food then this may be right up your alley.  I, however, will be taking this out of my recipe repitoire. I will post if I get requests but I would hate to do all the work posting when I wouldn't suggest fixing this dish....

It sure looked yummy though....





No comments:

Post a Comment